Our historic bed and breakfast provides a refreshing lodging alternative to typical hotels for your business trip, vacation, or weekend getaway retreat in Louisville, KY. If you are traveling with your dog, we even have pet friendly rooms available. It is our goal to make your stay as pleasant and as memorable as possible. To that end, we have the following policies. Please read through them, and if you have any questions, please contact us.
Inn at Woodhaven Policies
- Reservations: To make a reservation, click “book now” on our website, call us directly at 888-895-1011 or email us. If the website shows the room you want is unavailable for your stay, please call us. Sometimes we can accommodate and switch you to another room for part of your stay. A credit card is required at the time of booking to hold a room. We will provide an email confirmation.
- Reservations for the Rose Cottage or the Attic Suite require a $100 non-refundable deposit when booked for a weekend night (Friday and Saturday)
- Cancellations: We understand that life can throw a curve ball and plans can unexpectedly change. We make lots of preparations, including purchases and staff scheduling based upon reservations. We are greatly affected by cancellations so you must agree to the following policy at the time of booking: Cancellations must be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations cancelled more than 7 days in advance of the date of arrival are accepted with no charge (Less $100 non-refundable deposit on Rose Cottage and Attic Suite on a Friday or Saturday night). Reservations cancelled after that time period are charged the full amount unless the room is rebooked. Credit cards used to book the reservation will be charged the full amount of the reservation 7 days before the date of arrival as that is the end of the cancellation window. Derby weekend, holiday weekends, group bookings, and several convention weeks require longer cancellation periods, and we will forewarn you of this policy at the time of booking. A nonrefundable deposit of $100 per room is also due for these special bookings.
- THE INN AT WOODHAVEN DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR CHANGES TO YOUR RESERVATON DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, UNFORESEEN CHANGES TO TRAVEL PLANS, PERSONAL SICKNESS (INCLUDING COVID-19) OR INJURY, OR FAMILY EMERGENCIES. If you have any concerns about our cancellation policy we strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance or our cancellation coverage through our website.
- Last-Minute Availability: Don’t be afraid to call us at the last minute. We sometimes have openings and if we do…ask us about a discount!
- No Show Guests: We take our job of providing our guests with beautiful, comfortable accommodations seriously. When you fail to arrive as scheduled it prevents us from providing a room to another guest, and we will be forced to charge your account accordingly. We hate to do this, so please let us know if you wish to change or cancel your reservation.
- Trip Insurance: There is an option available for anyone to cover any unexpected necessity to cancel your trip. Check out these sites for more information on trip insurance.
insuremytrip.com and www.travelguard.com
I’m sure there are many more excellent companies out there that also cover such things as weather delay, medical emergencies, rental car damage, etc.
- Check-In: 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. in person check-in. After 6:00 p.m self check-in.
- Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.
- Smoking Policy: The Inn at Woodhaven is a non-smoking facility. However, our rooms have easy access to balconies, patios, and porches where smoking is allowed. Smoking inside or on your balcony with the door open causing your room to smell like cigarette/cigar will result in a $250 charge to your credit card.
- Damage: In the unlikely event of damage to the room, missing linens, towels and/or missing items, we reserve the right to charge the card on file to cover the repairs or loss.
- No Candles: No candles are allowed in any of our rooms, suites, or cottage, because of potential fire hazard.
- Children at the Inn: Adults only in our rooms. In some instances children may be accommodated but arrangements for them to stay at the inn MUST be made in advance at the time of booking.
- Payment: Payment may be made via personal check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or, of course, cash.
- Note: an additional .16 tax will be added to the room rate charge.
If you plan to bring your pet, you must notify us at the time you make your reservation, as pets are only allowed in The Derby Room and The Rose Cottage, our designated “Pet Friendly” rooms. We love our canine travelers. We charge a $30.00 pet fee per pet, per stay. Maximum canine occupancy is 2.
- When not with you in the room, dogs must be kenneled or kept in your vehicle.
- You are responsible for your pet’s behavior. We have an outdoor grassy area and trash receptacles available for your use. Pets must remain on leashes or under owner command at all times while on inn property. Pets are welcome in most shops and some restaurants on leash.
- We do not allow your pet to sleep on the bed with you or to sit on the furniture. Feel free to bring your pet’s favorite blanket or bed as well. We do not allow dogs inside the main building.